May 19, 2015
School Planning Council (SPC) presentation to Board of Trustees – Wednesday, May 20 at 9 a.m. Thank you in advance to parents Sally Cheal, Linda Fayad, Kelly Doyle, and Caroline Bergin. Parents, staff and students will tour members of the Board of Trustees through a mini-timetable and host a fruitful discussion on learning at Howe Sound Secondary School.
Scholarship Ceremony Monday – May 25, 7 p.m. (by invite). A huge thank you to the many individuals, businesses, and service organizations who donate over $80,000 to our graduates each year. Invitations will be out to all recipients by Tuesday, May 19.
Spirit Day/Sports Day – Wednesday, May 27 – all day (more info to come)
Athletic Banquet will be held on May 28th at 6:30 p.m. in the MPR.
Final PAC meeting of the year – Tuesday, June 9th at 7:00 p.m. in the library, all parents are invited to come out and meet in-coming Principal, Nick Pascuzzi and learn about the upcoming school year.
Grand Finale Music Concert – Wednesday, June 10 at 7 p.m.
All fees are now past DUE. Check the Grad board in the MPR to see if you have been okay’d for Grad.
Commencement Tickets – Pick up at the office. (7 each).
Last Grade 12 meeting before rehearsal – 12:40 p.m in theatre. (Final newsletter)
Grad Commencement Rehearsal – 4 p.m. at Brennan Park – Thursday, June 11 (all Grads MUST be in attendance in order to cross the stage)
Grad Commencement Ceremony– 7 p.m. at Brennan Park – Friday, June 12. All Grads are to be there by 6:15 p.m. in their caps and gowns.
Extended blocks – Tuesday, June 17 = A/B
Extended Blocks – Wednesday, June 18 = C/D – Last Day of Classes
Locker Clean Out – Wednesday, June 18 at 11:30 a.m.
- Science 10 – Friday, June 19 at 9 a.m.
- English 12 – Friday, June19 at 1 p.m.
- Provincial Exams:
- Com 12 – Monday, June 22 at 9 a.m.
- Engl. 10 First Peoples – Monday, June 22 at 1 p.m.
- FoM 10, AW Math 10 – Tuesday, June 23 at 9 a.m.
- Fral. 12 – Tuesday, June 23 at 1 p.m.
- Engl. 12 First Peoples – Wednesday, June 24 at 9 a.m.
- Eng. 10 – Wednesday, June 24 at 9 a.m.
- Socials 11 – Wednesday, June 24 at 1 p.m.
- Sc. Hum. 11 – Wednesday, June 24 at 1 p.m.
Report Cards go out – Thursday, June 25
- Passport to Education pick-up (students will be notified) – Thursday, July 2, 2015.
Dr. Christine Perkins