SD48 Google Read & Write Work Shop
Student Video Tutorials
Why Use Google Read & Write?
- Logging into Google Chrome on a Chromebook at school (video)
- must use sd48 account
- ex: Frank Smith, student # 234311
- account: email@example.com
- Read & Write with Google Docs (video)
- reads text aloud
- use this Google Doc: Google Read & Write Rationale for practice reading a google doc
- Read & Write on the Web (video)
- Using Talk & Type (video)
- converts your speaking voice to text – it types for you!
- Highlighting and Collecting Highlights (video)
- will highlight your notes and collect them into a google doc
- Using Translate (video)
- will translate single words into a number of languages
- Using the Dictionary (video)
- will provide with word and picture definitions of vocabulary
- try the translate, dictionary and picture dictionary with this CBC website
- Logging into Google Chrome on a Desktop at Home (video)
- for now Google Read & Write is disabled on all school desktops and laptops not including Chromebooks and newly re-imaged carts or labs (Mr. Verbeek’s lab for example has been re-imaged for google extensions). It will take time for this re-imaging to occur. The SD48 tech department is working as hard as they can to make this happen. This video will work for any of the re-imaged PC’s at your school. The only difference is that students will not be required to enter a password when at school.
Google Drive Help: Click on the link for all kinds of help with google drive.