The countdown is on for the Prom 2019 event for students of Howe Sound Secondary and Sea to Sky Learning Connections that will be held on Saturday, June 15, 2019.
HSS Prom 2019 Theme: This year’s theme is “Enchanted Forest”. Thank you to everyone who voted.
Tickets & Forms: Prom tickets cost $200.00 CASH ONLY, payable in two installments. The $100 deposit is due by November 30, 2018, and the remainder is due by February 15, 2019. The deposit must accompany the registration forms which are available in the office or below. Our treasurer will be at the school accepting forms & cash deposits during lunch on November 30 but payments being made earlier can be dropped off with the registration forms to the office in an envelope with the student’s name. There are also forms available for any student needing financial assistance.
Prom Meeting: The next student and parent prom meeting is on November 30, at 7:00 pm in the HSS library.
Fundraisers and volunteer opportunities: These opportunities help grads earn back some prom ticket money. We will track hours and money earned by each student and then distribute back to the individual at the end of the year.
- Polar Express: This volunteering opportunity allows us to secure the prom venue with no additional costs to the graduating students. We strongly encourage all graduating students to sign up to volunteer. The volunteer shift schedule is available on the “HSS Prom 2019” Facebook page as well as on the prom notice board in the MPR.
- Nesters points: When shopping at Nesters, consider donating your points to “HSS Grad”, every cashier has an established Grad Nesters card. This will help offset costs for supplies and food for various events, such as the Time to Shine event.
- Bottle Depot: We have an account set up: Acct#386 – HSS Dry Grad 2019. Drop off your bottles and cans to help offset costs.
Grad Wear: Order forms are available in the office or here 2019 GRAD WEAR ORDER FORM. All Orders due by January 9, 2019. Sample sizes will be available during lunch time in the MPR on December 10, 13 and 17. All order forms must be submitted with either exact cash or a cheque made payable to Howe Sound Secondary Grad.
How you can reach us and stay up to date:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: Parents’ Facebook page: HSSPROM2019
- Students’ Facebook page: HSSGRAD2019
- Review the daily announcements or head to the prom board in the MPR to see all pertinent information.