Dear Parents and Guardians,
I hope this message finds you and your family healthy and safe.
The purpose of this email is to provide parents with updated information regarding school operations in this time of online learning. I have tried to keep this message as brief as possible as I know and appreciate that you are receiving numerous emails from our school. Here are some key points:
STUDENT/TEACHER EMAIL COMMUNICATION
- All Grade 8-12 students in our district have been provided with a School District 48 Gmail account. This email account allows teachers to email students directly from their Google Classroom platform facilitating streamlined communication between students and teachers. Student G-mail accounts are limited to sending/receiving from within the School District 48 domain.
- Please click here for a district document outlining the logistical and legal requirements for student G-Mail use.
2020-21 COURSE SELECTIONS
- If your child has not already completed their course requests for next year, it is very important that they log onto the student portal of MyEdBC and complete their course requests for 2020-21. Information regarding course offerings can be found here. Students experiencing any difficulties logging into MyEdBC can contact Mr. Blaikie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If students have any general or specific questions about courses, they can contact our school counsellors:
- Local scholarships for our Grade 12 students will still be awarded. Our scholarship committee will be meeting in the coming weeks to select recipients. Recipients and their parents will be notified once all selections are final.
- These are challenging times for many students and their families. The strains and challenges can take a personal toll on any individual. In addition to our school supports, please take note of the following community services available to help individuals in need of mental wellness support:
- Mental Health Support: 310-6789
- BC Ministry of Health: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/managing-your-health/mental-health-substance-use/managing-covid-stress
- Online Service for Adults: CrisisCentreChat.ca
- Online Service for Youth: YouthinBC.com
- Family Smart: https://familysmart.ca
Please contact me via email or by phone at 604 892-5261 ext. 105 if you have any questions or concerns regarding the information outlined above.