Dear Parents and Guardians,
It has been a very busy and productive week at Howe Sound Secondary. First semester classes are settling nicely and student learning is focused and purposeful.
Please note the following reminders/updates regarding next week:
- We are hosting an information session for parents of students new to our school on Tuesday, September 15th at 6:00 pm in our school library. Parents of Grade 10 students as well as parents of any new Grade 11 or 12 students are invited to hear from school administration and counselling staff about what to expect from the coming year at HSS. This is a highly informative presentation with time devoted to answering any questions parents may have.
- Following this meeting our school will be hosting the Annual General Meeting of our Parent Advisory Council (PAC) at 7:00 pm. This meeting will also be held in our school library and all parents are invited to attend. At this meeting we will be electing our PAC Executive, and parents will be provided with updates on a number of topics including:
- Academics Update
- Extra-Curricular Opportunities
- Upcoming School Events
- We will be implementing our automated call back system as of Monday, September 14th. This system sends an automated voice message to parents when their child is absent from class without prior notification from their parent. The voice messages are programmed to go out by 6:00pm each day.
- Also as of next week all parents on our school email list will be receiving our morning announcements which are broadcast each day at school over our PA system and our school video feed. Our intent in doing this is to keep parents informed of the daily on goings of our school.
Please let me know if you any question regarding the information outlined above. I can be reached via return email or at 604 892-5261 ext. 105.